All the cool bloggers seem to have cute regular blog posts, like KathleenBasi.com has “Sunday Snippets” and Shovedtothem.com has “3 1/2 Time Outs Tuesdays”. I thought I’d give this a shot but haven’t settled on a catchy name yet.
So, for today I’ll try “Wednesday Whippets”. I’m pretty sure that in some circles this refers to illegal substance abuse, though, so this could create a lot of spam. Hopefully I’ll come up with something better soon.
Anyways, here goes…
Seven Great Things in the Last Week (or so):
- Starting this blog. I am really enjoying writing it, and especially enjoying the interaction from the replies.
- Ray got a job offer yesterday.
- Ray got a second job offer yesterday.
- Ray is leaning toward the more stable option, with great benefits. As a mama bear of four, I like stable with great benefits.
- I finished the rough draft of my book, and shared it with my mom’s group today. That’s a big step – opening up and sharing what I’ve written for all to see. It felt really good.
- When the man at the book store asked me what I do, I told him that, in addition to being a mother, I’m also a writer. That’s the first time I’ve ever said those words. That felt good, too.
- My mother-in-law’s heart surgery today appears to have been successful. After a completely wasted surgery a few weeks ago, we are especially grateful for the success of this one. Please do send up a prayer for her recovery!
- Ray got two job offers. Did I mention that? And did I say seven great things?
Three Things to Pray for:
- All families who have lost children.
- All families who are struggling with mental illness.
- Our country.
- St. Jude: His feast day is coming up, and I’ve been praying a novena to him with Praymorenovenas.com. The intention of the novena is the unemployed and underemployed. So I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that Ray got two job offers. Thanks, St. Jude!
- Our Lady of Sorrows: Because Keyser pooped out that sock while I was meditating on her sorrows. No coincidence there, though I do hate to put Our Lady and “poop” in the same line.
- Zach and Morgan: For stellar report card performance, including Zach’s remarkable comeback from a very difficult start in math. Good job, guys!